15 Great Ideas for Grilling Fresh Fruit
Summerâ€™s here and itâ€™s time to fire up the grillâ€¦for fresh fruit! Gather friends and family to show off your grilling skills with these fabulous and flavorful ideas that add color and flair to any meal.Â
Sturdy fruit like apples and pineapple can be sliced and grilled on their own. Use a grill basket, grill pan, sheets of foil or skewers to grill smaller fruit easily.
Breakfast in the Great Outdoors
- Grapefruit halves, grilled face down, drizzled with honey and sprinkled with brown sugar, topped with vanilla yogurt are a delicious breakfast option.
- Serve delicious blueberries and sliced kiwi, grilled and served with pancakes fresh off the grill pan.
- Grill up a delicious morning meal with skewers of banana slices, strawberries and peaches, drizzled with honey and served over bowls of granola or oatmeal.
Lighter Fare for Lunch
- Turn watermelon slices into a fruit pizza, grilled and stacked with sliced feta and arugula and drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
- Grill some sliced apples, then chop and serve with walnuts, halved grapes, sliced celery and creamy dressing for a warm Waldorf salad.
- For a delicious summer lunch, grill apricot halves, then toss with kale, raspberries, sliced almonds and crumbled feta in a raspberry-lime vinaigrette.
Smokinâ€™ Appetizers Â
- Drizzle fig halves with olive oil and grill, then wrap in prosciutto slices.
- Ahi tuna squares add great flavor on skewers with pineapple chunks and green onion, drizzled with teriyaki sauce and grilled.
- Brush fresh peach slices with olive oil, grill and place on top of jalapeno cream cheese on bruschetta toasts. Sprinkle with fresh basil.
Fruit on the Side for Dinner
- Grill mango or peach slices and serve with pork chops.
- Black plum halves, grilled and sprinkled with chipotle seasoning, are delicious with steak.
- Grill raspberries with thinly sliced jalapeĂ±os, and serve with chicken.
Sweet Endings for Dessert
- Split a banana lengthwise and stuff with choice of chocolate, peanut butter or butterscotch chips, mini marshmallows and sweetened coconut. Wrap in foil and grill until goodies are melted and banana is hot.
- Slice kiwi, strawberries and pineapple and place on a pizza crust. Then grill and sprinkle with powdered sugar and crushed pistachios or pecans.
- Bing cherries, pear chunks and angel food cake squares are delicious when grilled on skewers and served with chocolate, caramel or fruit dipping sauces.