If you like apple crumble, you'll love this rendition with blueberries.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 5 cups fresh blueberries, plus extra for garnish
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- sugar in the raw, for dusting
Preheat the oven to 375Â°F .
In a large bowl, blend the sugar and 1/4 cup flour. Add lemon juice and gently stir in the blueberries. Pour into individual tart pans, or one ceramic pie pan.
In a medium bowl, stir together the brown sugar, oats, salt, 1/2 cup flour and cinnamon. Mix in butter using a fork until crumbly. Spread the crumb topping over the blueberry filling. Sprinkle with sugar in the raw.
Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly on top. Cool over a wire rack. To serve, top with whipped cream and fresh mint sprig.