Lighten Up Your Summer Grilling
Grilling season is upon us! With summer quickly approaching, youâ€™re probably thinking of picnics, watermelon and barbecue on the grill. Preparing meals on the grill is a great alternative to cooking inside, and it doesnâ€™t always have to involve high-fat ingredients. One way to lighten up your summer grilling is to use fresh seasonal produce. Fruits and veggies taste great on the grill and are easy to prepare! Here are some other tips to lighten up your summer grilling:
- Barbecued Fish: Summertime protein can be more than red meat. Low calorie, omega-3 filled salmon burgers are a great alternative.
- Veggie Kebabs: Vegetables taste fabulous when cooked on the grill. You can mix things up by grilling zucchini, yellow squash, onions, peppers, mushrooms, asparagus or even tomatoes.
- Grilled Fruit: Grilled pineapple or peaches are a must-try if youâ€™ve never had them before. Try them with a little ice cream - grilled fruit is a great way to add some flavor to summer desserts!
- Watch Your Portions: If you do opt for a burger, go for a smaller patty or a slider, loaded with fresh veggies on a whole grain bun.
- Get Creative: Did you know that you can even grill salad? Try throwing some romaine lettuce on the grill just until it gets some marks on it. A little smoky flavor can take your summer salad to the next level.
For more information about dietitian services, visit www.TheLittleClinic.com.